Tuesday, September 11, 2012

All to Impress a Boy

My loving sisters have informed me, as nicely as they know how (meaning very blunt), that my blog is boring. So here's a fairly interesting story of my sad attempt to woo a boy by being the greatest gospel doctrine teacher.

It all started the first week of church. I happen to notice this very good looking boy in my gospel doctrine class. I spent the whole lesson thinking of how I could talk to him. Or in reality how to get him to talk to me. Good looking guys are my downfall. I can not strike up an innocent conversation with them no matter how long I stare at them wishing I could. Anyway, this boy, despite my obvious stares, does not talk to me after class. I should have taken that as a warning sign...

Instead I begin to plan on how to get this boy to notice me. A miracle happened in the midst of my scheming! I was asked to teach Sunday school the next week. After clarifying that it was indeed the same class, I began my preparations immediately. This lesson was my chance to show off just how awesome I am!

Plans began with the game we were going to play. I probably should have began with the lesson but I knew that wasn't going to be my strong suit. I decided on a get-to-know-you game because everybody was still meeting each other. Plus it was a great way to do more research on my boy. A protected Facebook page can only show me so much. And I obviously couldn't add him as a friend because of the simple fact that I'd only learned him name through stalking techniques. The game was a simple one where everyone wrote down two interesting facts about them self and then we went and guessed who it was. It took a while to get through them all but overall seemed to be a success.

After preparing the game I moved on to the lesson. I'll admit it took a while to get that part together but eventually I got a lesson that would be very flexible with time and class participation. Luckily it wasn't a call to repentance kind of lesson. It's a little hard to fall for someone who seconds before was telling you about how wicked you are...

It was a few days into the week that I suddenly realized I hadn't even considered a treat for the class! I don't know how it wasn't my first thought. I take every teaching lesson as an opportunity to try a new recipe without having to eat it all myself. Luckily Chelsea found me these delicious bad boys. Snickerdoodle Cupcakes!

I definitely recommend them! My only remark is that I added more milk and powdered sugar to the frosting.
However this good impression was so important to me I even made cake mix cookies as back up in case I didn't like these cupcakes. I'm telling you people, this lesson was the only thing on my mind all week. I'm embarrassed now by how much work I put into it but man did I nail it!

It was perfect! The lesson went smoothly, the cupcakes were delicious, the game worked as well as I could have hoped for, and I was even looking pretty good! I had imagined everything that could go wrong and the worst I could imagine was the boy not being there. But he was! Do you want to know how he reacted to this brilliant display of awesomeness? Well I couldn't tell you. He kept his head down just about the whole lesson and just gave me a simple "great lesson" at the end of it as I was leaving.

Excuse me?! The lesson wasn't even the good part! And while I was hoping for a drop to one knee and an absolute begging for my number I would have accepted a simple "Love the cupcakes! You should come bake for me!" or even a "You should teach the lesson every week!" But no. He didn't even say great lesson with enthusiasm!

So the moral of the story is, always make a gospel doctrine in the hopes of impressing lots of people instead of one certain one. It's a much surer route of success.

3 comments:

  1. Best. Blog. Entry. Ever. Consider me a forever loyal reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's more like it. Next time you should just call on him for every question, that will teach him not to notice you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendall = awesome. Kendall + cupcakes = stupendous! What a stupid boy.

    ReplyDelete