Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Andy's Mint Cookies

Do you love cake mix cookies? Do you love Andy's Mints? Do you love having a super delicious, super adorable treat that takes no effort at all?! Then you will love this!!!

This is a recipe from Six Sisters' Stuff. I love my family but I think I'd give them up for a chance to be one of these six sisters... Check out the married sisters' perfect family pictures and you'd agree with me!

Andy's Mints Cookies

Ingredients:
1 box devil's food cake mix
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1 package of Andy's Mints


Preheat oven to 350

Mix cake mix, oil, and eggs. Make into balls and cake for 8-10 minutes. Usually once the cookie has tiny holes in it, you can take it out. But really you probably shouldn't take my word for that because I tend to under cook things... While its cooking unwrap enough Andy's Mints for every cookie. The best part is next. Once you pull your deliciously warm cookies out of the oven, drop a mint right in the middle of it. Let it sit there for a minute or two and then just swirl it around with a spoon to get a deliciously melted mint frosting. And yes, it is fun swirling it around!

Random notes:
These are delicious warm or set, rain or shine.
I used a German chocolate cake mix since I was too lazy to head to the store. They were still good!
A lot of times my melted mint would slide to the edge of the cookie as I swirled it. Didn't even make it look bad. That's what I call a good recipe!

5 comments:

  1. I dig the new blog. My new favorite thing of the day. Though I am sure people named Andy are a big fan of the mints as well... they are actually Andies mints. Yes I am that kind of blog commenter. You're (not your) welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, double correction... They're Andes mints!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh great you guys are already ruining the small amount of confidence I had that I could write a blog... But the fact that Kacey was wrong for once in her life totally makes it worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blogosphere and just so you know, college life is going to be way sweeter than high school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kendall I'm so happy you are blogging. Kacey- burn! And I am with Kristy- college life is WAY SWEETER than high school. (Wait- do you have a curfew? That might make a little bit of a difference. Going from strict curfew to no curfew was ONE of the best parts for me.)

    ReplyDelete