Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Truth is Out: Kacey's My Favorite


I have four sisters all competing to be my favorite sister.
Kristy tried to prove her love by forcing me to fight Bryan on the trampoline. I'm sure her attempt was to make me feel like a winner! Even though I actually lost every time... 
Courtney actually shared her bed with me which is really nice! But she also made me get her a cup of water every night. And when I tried to refuse she would steal my book. I guess she was attempting to teach me how I could get things from people younger and weaker than me?
Kylie wouldn't let me play with her and her friends, she hurt my head when she did my hair, probably sat on me at some point, and broke a tea pot over my head once. I'm starting to suspect she was never trying to win my affections.
In fact, if I'm being honest I'm not sure any of these sisters have been trying to win my affections. Luckily I have another sister. 
That's right! Kacey is the winner!
While all of my other sisters beat up on me, Kacey was there to read stories to me, hide from Santa with me, help me search for Easter eggs, and even feed me. Everyone should wish they had a sister like Kacey. Let's go over some reasons why she's awesome! 
1. She is so witty it's ridiculous. Playing Awkward Family Photos with her just makes you feel like a complete idiot.
I want to know what she'd say about this one! All I can think of is the fact that he has a cat and I don't...
2. Kacey has always and will always be the most glamorous girl to me. Watching her go to formal dances and win Miss Moses Lake just fueled my desire to grow up so I could wear beautiful pictures just like her. Sadly Facebook wasn't around during then so I couldn't find any pictures online of her.
3. She got to go to Japan. And she brought me back chop sticks. And I still use chopsticks all the time just because of that fact. This one is actually just proving that I'm awesome...
4. Look at that face... Just stare at it...
5. She gives the greatest advice ever! It might be interupted with shouts of "Put that down!" or "Don't lick that!" But it is pure genius. Everyone should have a Kacey to guide them through life. 
Anyway, I have a million more reasons but this might be the one night all semester that I've actually been busy with things so I'm going to have to wrap this up.
Kacey, just know that you are the greatest sister I could have asked for and a fantastic mom. I have always looked up to you and I always will. Happy birthday!

2 comments:

  1. This made my day. You are my favorite too Kendall... don't tell the others.

    And here is my Awkward Family Photos entry:
    "Hold still kitty so I can tell you the secret pathway to get through the laser beams so you can get us out of here!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love this post! And you're right - Kacey had a winning comment for the awkward photo!! Kendall, oh how I miss you...

    ReplyDelete