Saturday, July 28, 2012

I. Love. Themes.


I love themes. A lot. To the point where many would consider it creepy. I can't even understand why people do things without a theme.
Anyway, my friends and I decided to plan this big group date. We're aware that the boys are supposed to plan the dates but what can I say? We're better at it. So we start talking about what day we want to do it on deciding between Wednesday or Thursday not really caring which. Then one of us pointed out that Batman premiered Thursday and that sealed the deal. We were now planning a Batman themed date!
Yeah I know. This post just jumped from interesting to epic.
Here's the best thing I could think of for Batman nail polish since there's no way I'm drawing anything that even resembles a bat on my nail. 
We started off the date decorating a Batman themed T-shirt for our date.

Brittany and Joseph here won the T-shirt making contest. Whatever. I cut out the stencils that made that possible...

Chris and Chelsea were looking pretty dang good too. But pink and red on the same shirt? Really Chris?
Michael only had time to finish the back of my "Batman jersey..."

Lesli wrote "Batman is sexy" on Cody's shirt. That stunt definitely won them second place!
Before the date I worried about our shirts drying in time to wear. Luckily Meg was the only one with that problem. Nice work Adam.
After making shirts, we had a fancy dinner down in the "Bat Cave" we dressed up for. I'll admit that decorating my toy room for this was probably the best part of the whole night! And I'll also admit that we clean up very nicely if I do say so myself...
Our adorable Lurch playing Alfred for us...
Fancy.

Yeah I polished that silver!

This is my glowing water. Seriously people it glowed with my black lights. The sad story about this was that I had a fountain to put the water in but my fountain had lights inside of it. A light up fountain kind of completely ruins the use of glowing water... So I had to put it in this lovely dish after spending three hours trying to temporarily break a light bulb




After dinner we split up and headed out to do a super hero picture scavenger hunt. It was a little difficult to do some of these so late at night but we sure gave it a good effort! Well... Some of us did I think.

-Make the bat signal
-Open a door for someone
-Save a damsel on the RR tracks
-Stop a suicidal jumper from a bridge
-Shake hands with a police officer
-Stand majestically on a high place
-Hand-to-hand combat with a bad guy
-Stand by the batmobile (a black car)
-Stop a mugger from taking a purse
-Picture with a motorcycle
-Defuse a bomb
-Rescue someone trapped under a car
-Put out a fire
-Help a homeless person
-Save a cat stuck in a tree
-Read a comic book
-Help an old lady cross the street
-Climb a wall
LAST ONE
-Picture with the movie poster

As soon as we finished we headed to the movies and got there just as they were letting people in. Perfect timing! All in all it was a fantastically themed date and I've finally decided what I want to major in... Party Planning! Somebody point the way!

1 comment:

  1. Best date ever. I want to see pictures from the scavenger hunt.

    ReplyDelete